The statues of Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Bernadette Soubirous are located within the grotto in the St. Francis community. The statues were built in summer 1901 by several seminarians and orphan boys—supervised by Father Jacob Eugster—from Josephinum in Columbus.
The grotto was based off of the grotto that Father Eugster saw in Lourdes, France. The grotto was
completed in 1902 and blessed by the Father on May 4, 1904. The blessing by Father Eugster was assisted by Father John Perez of St. Joseph’s Parish.