The 300-pound bronze statue of St. Clare is located near the grotto. The statue, sculpted by Joe Anne Cousino and her son, Richard, was commissioned for the Sisters of St. Francis and was dedicated on October 3, 1999.
St. Clare lived between 1194 and 1253. She was a follower of St Francis of Assisi and the founder of the
order Poor Clares. As part of the statue, she holds a mirror that symbolizes her deep contemplative stance.